Federation of Alliances Françaises USA Convention and Annual Meeting 2016 Minneapolis
October 20–22, 2016
Reserve your room now at the Marquette Hotel
The 2016 Convention and Annual Meeting will take place at The Marquette, a Hilton Hotel in the heart of downtown Minneapolis. The room rate for convention attendees is $149/ night + tax and fees. Please click on the link below to reserve your room:
710 Marquette Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55402-2368
Call for Proposals for the 2016 Annual Meeting and Convention on Oct 20-22 in Minneapolis
The Annual Meeting and Convention will feature a rich offering of workshops and panel discussions that will facilitate networking and the exchange of useful information and best practices among colleagues from throughout the Alliance Française réseau in the United States. Below is a list of suggested topics for which we are currently seeking presenters and/or panel participants, from among our member chapters planning to attend the annual meeting.
To offer your services and expertise, please click here to fill out a simple online form. Submissions are requested prior to May 31, 2016. Presenters’ goals will be to supply practical examples/guidance that can be tailored or applicable to Alliances of all sizes and resources. After receipt of all the proposals, the workshop committee will evaluate the suggestions and will confirm selections in June 2016.
SUGGESTED TOPICS: Let us know if you’d like to help with any of these, or develop an original topic:
- COMMUNICATING FINANCIALS: Best practices for interpreting and presenting financial reports
- DONATIONS BEST PRACTICES: Rules for restricted, unrestricted, gift acknowledgement
- SOCIAL MEDIA and the internet in marketing and expansion of reach
- EMAIL MARKETING: best practices, trends and costs
- AUCTION STRATEGIES: pros and cons of online or onsite
- GOVERNANCE & STRUCTURE from a tax and legal perspective for small chapters
- E-LEARNING: how could this blend into what we do in AFs
- LEADERSHIP SUCCESSION PLANNING: Executive Director succession planning
- CULTURAL DIFFERENCES: Understanding “the other” for improved marketing, HR & board harmony
The following topics will be designated for Panel presentations – let us know (via the online form) if you’d like to be part of a panel.
- HUMAN RESOURCES (PANEL): recruiting/interviewing, principals and practices, visas
- STRATEGIES FOR DEVELOPING YOUNG PUBLICS (PANEL)
- TEACHING FRENCH (PANEL): the most-used current methods
- CINEMA IN SERVICE OF THE AF (PANEL)
- MARKETING STRATEGIES & REVENUE STREAMS (PANEL)
Note that we already have presenters for the following 6 topics: Fundraising/Events Best Practices, Chapter Communication, Obtaining Corporate Foundation Support, Applying for Federation Grants, and Culturethèque Updates.
Questions or suggestions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- An Integrated Communications Program
- Fundraising for Smaller Chapters – Powerpoint
- Fundraising for Smaller Chapters – Event Recap Form